Thursday 31 January 2013

My wall of randomness

Well hello

Firstly I have to make a confession to you..... since watching Les Miserables on Sunday (review of which is my previous post) I have been listening to the film's soundtrack whilst doing, well, pretty much everything! Cooking, cleaning, working and even right now, blogging :) I can't help it, the songs are amazing!! And some of them make me cry, even though I hear them 2 or 3 times a day! I am a sucker for a musical. The way a song can express the thoughts and feelings of a character, it just amazes me, to the point of goosebumps sometimes. Now that might sound mad to some of you, but I love it :)

Anyway, back to today's post....

I have mentioned in a previous post about my attempts to start my own craft business making and selling different household items, such as photo frames, memo boards and anything else I think of doing! Well I have used my talents (I use that word loosely...) and decided to decorate some of my frames with different patterned wallpaper and colours of paint I had, and then make a funky arrangement on my newly painted walls in our lounge.... Well, I painted the walls about 3 weeks ago, but it has taken me until about a week ago to finish the frames, choose a layout using paper cut-outs the same size as my frames, and nag Mike enough for him to do it! Ha ha, only kidding, he has been unwell, so I let him off :) But anyway, here is the finished wall.....


 
So, the 'Mr and Mrs' sign is from our wedding and was on our top table at our reception, and that is us underneath :) Then just a mixture of us, the kids, our parents and my best friends. I really wanted to look random, so the frames are not level, and they are all mixed up, some painted and some with different wallpapers on. We need to add some more pictures, but we have spaces around the edge, so we can add more as we want to. I would definitely recommend using paper templates to help decide where to put your frames, here is what mine looked like.
 
 
I did this a few weeks ago, and I did change my mind on the placement of a couple of frames just before we did the hole drilling :) But I am really pleased with how it turned out, and can't wait to add more frames soon :)
 
toodle pip!
 
Beka x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment