I know.... I am a day late with this post, but at least it's here!!
This challenge was set by the lovely Rachel and she said:
"I'm going to go with stand out from the crowd, if you fat your told to blend it but let's stand out with pride :) whether it's bright colours, loud prints crazy hair it's up to you :)"
When I read the challenge, I wasn't too sure what to do, but then I wore this outfit the other day and thought it would be good to discuss :)
So here is me, in a dress. Now about 6 months ago, apart from my wedding day, I don't think I had worn a dress for like 5 years?? I just never felt comfortable in them and I thought I 'couldn't' wear them. This wasn't something that I felt society had told me I couldn't wear, but it was something I told my self I couldn't wear. I am slowly starting to embrace my girly side and buy more dresses :)
Then, although not to apparent in the picture is that fact I am wearing nude wedges. They only have a small -maybe 1 inch - heel, but that is a big deal for me. I am just over 6ft tall, so the idea of ANY kind of heel scares me, but these I can do. Women are supposed to be smaller than men, not me! Again, this is something I thought I shouldn't wear, rather than even thinking about what people would think. I see it as, I am already tall, what does another inch or two matter!!
So I have conquered to of my 'fashion fears' in one outfit! And I plan to conquer more soon!!
Check out the other bloggers taking part in Outside My Comfort Zone Challenge
1. Stephanie: http://www.seeingsp0ts.blogspot.co.uk
2. Leah: http://www.justmeleah.blogspot.co.uk
3. Becky: http://www.doesmyblogmakemelookfat.com
4. Emma: http://www.meetthemillards.blogspot.com
5. Rachel: http://www.adressisforlife.com
6. Natalie: http://awheelbarrowfullofstyle.blogspot.co.uk/
7. Nikki: http://www.nattynikki.blogspot.co.uk/
8. Rebs: http://sullen-hearts.blogspot.co.uk/
9. Verena: http://aplussizefashionobsession.blogspot.de/
10. Vicky: www.TheCurvedOpinion.com
11. Rebecca: http://theplussideofme.com