Tuesday 18 February 2014

Earth Squared Handbag and Purse

A friend of mine owns a lovely handbag and accessory boutique shop in Kent, Number 39, and I spent a few days there last week helping her with her new website and drooling over some of the lovely things she has in her shop at the moment....


Some of handbags that she sells is from a company called Earth Squared. The 'about us' on their website describes them as....
"Fabulous and fair trade! Earth Squared blend modern design with traditional weaving and embroidery skills to create a fabulous selection of ethically made gifts for all age ranges and pocket sizes. The Earth Squared range of fashion accessories includes stylish and practical hand bags in a variety of fabrics and styles, complementing jersey scarves in a range of fantastic colours and luxurious silk and velvet accessories."

I was loading some of their products into the database and a few of them caught my eye. Especially their new range of linen spot bags and purses....


So, after perusing the bags they had in stock, I went for the Meg handbag in grey. And, I was lucky enough that she also had a matching coin purse which I couldn't resist....



The coin purse has a main zip along the top, and then a small front zip pocket.


The bag has a top flap which fastens with a magnetic clasp and a clip fastener at the bottom. I liked this as it is nice and secure. The shoulder strap is a nice length, especially for my height, and is a lovely size. Big enough for the essentials, but nt too big that it will get filled up with everyone else's bits!


Inside, it has a zipped pocket, and a mobile phone pouch. I have been using it for the last few days and I really love it. It is really well made, and the fact it is fair trade makes me love it even more.

Check out more of their products here, plus the website for Number 39 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment