Sunday 9 February 2014

Juicing Journey So Far

I've been trying to be healthier for just over 5 weeks now, and as I have explained before, I have been using juicing as my new diet. I did well for the first few weeks of the year, losing a total of 16lbs in 2 weeks, which I was so pleased with. But then I seemed to fall off the track, as I thought I would. I had a mixture of bad days, period cravings and just general giving in. I had a week where I put on weight, another where I stayed the same, and last week, I lost 4lbs. 

Now it's not all my fault......I haven't really been able to do much walking as the weather has been horrendous! I don't really want to go out in the freezing cold, windy and wet weather and make myself ill, which I guess is the wrong way to think about it, but that's what I'm sticking to. I did find some great workout videos on YouTube, and with our new amazing Smart TV, I can play through the TV and do a workout in my lounge. 

We try to go cycling as a family at the weekends to a country park near Tonbridge as it's relatively flat for the kids, and we love it there. We went 2 weekends a go, and go extremely muddy as there were lots of puddles, and ended up having to leave earlier than planned as Jack managed to cycle straight into the middle of a massive one and have to stand in it in his trainers, so got soaking wet! Very funny though :)

So each week, about this time on a Sunday, I say to myself that I am going to be better this week, and I am going to stick to the juicing. But a good friend of mine stated something to me on Friday, that even if I am eating during the day, it's a hell of a lot healthier food than I was eating before. Which is so true. When we eat at weekends, my meal portions are smaller, I am not snacking as much during the day, and if I fancy something to nibble on, I am going for grapes and seeds, and not chocolate and biscuits.

I feel so much better in myself. I have more energy, I am sleeping better and feel more active. So all of that is a big plus for me, and the main reason that I wanted to do this. 

So here is a little snap of me from last week on a rare night out with Mike and friends :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment