Monday 23 September 2013

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream review

Hey lovelies :)

Today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on a new purchase of mine - Clinique's Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30 Hydrating Colour Corrector.

For a while now I have been looking to get a new foundation, and I wanted to spend more than I normally would as I wanted it to be a good one. I sent out a tweet asking for opinions on which brand I should go for, and the main brand being recommended was Clinique. A few products were mentioned, but I decided the best thing to do was to be to go to a Clinique counter and get some advice from a professional.

So I headed to my local Debenhams and told the lady at the counter what I was after, and she recommended their new Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30 Hydrating Colour Corrector. This was what I had eyed up the night before on their website. I wanted something with only a little coverage, more to even out my skin tone, without being too heavy. I have dry a dry area on my nose, and have slightly oily patches on my temples, so was a little sceptical that I would be able to find something that would work on all of these areas. But, trusting the lady's advice, I bought it!


The assistant suggested the best colour for me would be Light/Medium. She gave me a little bit onto the back of my hand so I could see the texture and colour, and I agreed with her advice. 


This was £28. I haven't EVER spent this amount on any beauty item, I am more of a cheap and cheerful kind of girl.....but I knew I wanted to spend more and get something that is of a better quality, and would last me longer. Also, I don't plan on wearing this everyday, and is only for occasions when I want to look a bit more 'done up' than my normal day to day make up, so will hopefully last for a good while!

So, on first try, I applied the cream with my hands, and then used my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to make sure I didn't have it smeared and streaky on my face! It covered really well, and did what I wanted it to, evened out my skin, without feeling too heavy on my skin. I lasted pretty much all day, so I would say 9 hours, and my skin still looked good. I used this again the following day, applied it the same, but used a bit more. This, was a mistake.... it just didn't look right. The assistant did say that 'a little goes a long way' and she was right!

I used this for Plus North weekend and wore a light covering during the day, and then built it up for the after party in the evening. This worked really well as it gave me more coverage but it didn't feel too heavy.

I am really enjoying using this and would definitely repurchase! You can find more information on the Moisture Surge CC Cream here.

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment