Friday 11 October 2013

Five Question Friday - Hollie

Hey!

This week on Five Question Friday, I have been asking questions to the lovely Hollie @ Pretty Big Butterflies.


1. What do you buy the most - clothes, shoes or accessories?
This is so difficult. At one point it was always shoes and jewellery. Being classified as 'plus-size' it used to be really hard getting fashionable clothing. But now more and more shops are stocking up to a size 20, as well as online brands really making headway, I have to say I am a clothes addict.
I feel bad because my boyfriends wardrobe has been banished to the spare room as I have literally take over our bedroom!

2. What is your favourite way to wear your hair?
I have recently been introduced to the love of hair doughnuts. I love wearing them to work! they make any outfit look that bit more classy and professional. (My fave outfit is a peplum top, pencil skirt and my hair in a bun with the help of a doughnut).I struggle to do them though so any tips are much appreciated!


3. What is the one essential item in your wardrobe you can't live without?
I have 2! Sorry to cheat. But leggings are a MUST! Literally pull on and go. I wear them around the house as loungewear but they can be dressed up with boots and a jumper dress which is going to be one of my staples as we head into Autumn.  I also can't live without skinny jeans. I can wear them with anything and everything. They are just a casual staple that are a MUST in my wardrobe. (The Bailey Range from Dorothy Perkins are the best I have found).

4. What is the last piece of clothing you bought?
Now there is a question. The fact I got paid last week doesn't help. I bought a gorgeous coat from Simply Be. It's a little bit pricey but I don't mind paying more for a staple item that is going to get a lot of use! Plus I know the fit would be decent and the quality would be good. 
 It has a PU trim with a diagnal zip design. It looks great and will keep me warm! I sized up because you always need room for the chunky knits when it gets cold! I haven't had a chance to wear it so bring on the cold days please!


5. If you could go anywhere in the world on holiday, where would it be, and who would it be with?
My dream holiday is Barbados. The sun, sea, sand, tranquillity, food! Just imagine the sunsets and the clear water.... such a contrast to the busy streets of London.  take me now!I would go with my boyfriend (If I didn't he wouldn't let me live it down!). I had my dream holiday 2 years ago when I went to New York for the Christmas holidays. We arrived on boxing day and stayed until after New Years Eve. It was the best week of my life I can't even describe it. Everything came straight out of a movie from the crazy taxi drivers to the shop assistant in Bloomingdales pointing at me and saying ''OMG That bag is sooooooo cute!''.

I literally left a piece of my heart in New York.


I would love to go to New York at some point in my life. Everyone that goes there seems to love it! I would have to see a Broadway show :) 
A big thank you to Hollie for taking part and answering my questions, and if you haven't already, you can check out her blog here.

See you again next week!!

Beka x

2 comments: