Sunday 20 October 2013

Our Anniversary

Hey friends!

Today is my first wedding anniversary! I'm so happy to have found my soul mate and best friend, all on one amazing man, and even happier that I got to marry him.
This past year has gone so quickly! It feels like it was only a few months ago that we got married. We had such a great day, having all our friends and family around us to celebrate with us meant so much.



We had a bit of a tough time around the time of the wedding. The week before, Mike had a biopsy on a lump in his abdomen, and then the week after the wedding, we found out that is was a tumour. They started treatment the next week, so we didn't get chance to go away on honeymoon, but I was so proud of how Mike handled the next few months. We managed to get away for a long weekend in Edinburgh at the beginning of December and we had such a great time, then it was Christmas! Throughout this time, Mike was being so strong and positive about what was going on. He finally got on track with everything and had the tumour removed in February. It was a 5 hour operation, and he was home in just under a week!

Mike is truly my 'other half'....without him, my life would be incomplete. I love him so much and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. 




Beka x

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Wishing you many more years of love, luck and laughter together. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary Beka and Mike xxx

    ReplyDelete