Friday 4 October 2013

Five Question Friday - Nancy

Hey everyone!

Welcome back to Five Question Friday! I am so happy to bring you some more lovely ladies whose blogs/vlogs I love! So bringing this feature back in style is the gorgeous blogger Nancy @ Sugar, Darling?



1.Which celebrity's style do you admire the most?
Dita Von Teese is my absolute style idol. I don't think she has ever worn anything that I haven't loved and her dedication to beauty is unrivalled - I've never seen a photo where she didn't look lovely, not even a papped one!


2. What was the last piece of clothing you bought?
The last thing I bought was a sparkly blue dress from Excite Clothing that features a cut out collar which is just adorable. I've just changed jobs and wanted something special for my night out with my old colleagues and this fit the bill perfectly.



3. What beauty product could you not live without?
This is a real toughy because I'm pretty addicted to make-up and beauty products... I'd have to say black eyeliner though as I wear a cat eye style look on my eyes every day and have done since the age of about 14! My current favourite is 'Liner Pinceau' by Bourjois - it has great staying power and a nice thin brush perfect for applying a perfect flick.

4. What are you 'go-to' shoes for a night out?
I have to admit that I am really not confident in heels but I love the shape they give your calves, so I pretty much always wear my favourite leather ankle boots that my boyfriend bought me from Evans last year. They have a bit of a heel but aren't too high so I can stay in them all night and they look great with black tights and pretty much any dress.

5. What is your favourite film and why?
There are two I just can't decide between - How To Marry a Millionaire and Blade Runner. They both feature amazing costume and set design but are completely different genres. They both have wonderful scripts that compliment the visuals wonderfully but in very different ways. 


HTMAM stars Marilyn Monroe, Betty Grable and Lauren Bacall so is a real classic beauty all star movie - the costumes are stunning and Marilyn looks amazing in her sparkly cat eye glasses! The ladies all have some great one-liners, it's a great heart-warming comedy for a lazy afternoon in.


Blade Runner is a really stylish film set in futuristic Los Angeles - the plot line is really hard to explain briefly so you'll just have to give it a watch. One of the main characters Rachael has an incredible wardrobe of 1920's-1940's style clothes with a futuristic twist. I got to see one of her outfits in person at the V&A in January as part of the Hollywood Costumes exhibition and it was even more stunning in person!


I want to say a massive thank you to Nancy for answering my questions, and now I really feel I need to watch How To Marry A Millionaire! If you haven't already checked out her blog, you can find it here. It's amazing, she has great style, brilliant taste, and she is stunning! Check her out :-)

See you next week!

Beka x

1 comment:

  1. I love this feature. :) Such a great idea and way to introduce your readers to new blogs
    xx

    ReplyDelete