Wednesday 7 November 2012

Becoming a business woman??

Well hello...

Today I wanted to talk about my attempts at running my own little business from home...

I took Masie to school one day and as we pulled up, her friend got out of her mums car in non-school uniform...... then in hit me it was tag day and the kids could wear their own clothes. Uh oh! Luckily, we live 2 mins drive from the school, so I left Masie to go in the playground, and I darted home to get her an outfit, then darted back down and left them at reception for her. Phew!

I got home for a sit down and a cup of tea and thought to myself....'If i had a noticeboard in the kitchen, I could put school letters up there and never forget again!' So I started looking into buying one and couldn't find one that I liked. So I searched on our good old friend YouTube about how to make one. I was after a 'french style' board, with padding and ribbon, and no need for pins.

After a few videos, I decided to make my own and popped off to my local hardware shop for wood and a staple gun.... then I decided to make a few as I got quite a large piece of wood. I was really pleased with the way they turned out :)

I also has seen a video where someone decorated a photo frame.... again, I went out and bought some wooden frames, glue and some craft paper. Again, I was really pleased with the outcome. I then sorted out a name and a facebook page and I was off!

I sold a few frames, but mainly to friends and family, and even used them as gifts to give, one to my cousin as a baby shower present (I put a pic of one of her scans in it), and I wrote on one for my mum for mother's day, and popped a picture of us two in it.

I has a stall at Masie's school summer fair selling the frames and the noticeboards, I managed to sell a couple of each, I didn't sell out, anywhere near, but it was a start.
So, as well as my promise to blog every day, I'm going to try and promote my business more, maybe aim at some Christmas trade.




Do you know what the funny thing is............I still do not have my own noticeboard up!! Maybe one day soon :)

toodle pip!

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment