Thursday 29 November 2012

Snowy :)

Well hello

I got this idea from Pinterest and it looked so cool :) Some great indoor decorations for Christmas, and great to do with the kids.

You will need some flat wooden lolly pop sticks (I had some laying around that we had bought previously from EBay) a hot glue gun, scissors, a protractor, a pencil and a ruler.



Start off by cutting 12 of the lolly sticks in half, and then keep 9 still whole. Firstly, we need to make a six pointed star with 3 of the whole sticks. Make a marker on them half way along so you know where they need to join. Using the protractor, you need to put the sticks at 60 degree angles from each other, so you get something that looks like this...

 
Then you want to take 2 of the halves of stick and go round and join up the points, as follows...
 
 


Then you will need to take 1 whole stick and 2 halves to make a chicken foot shape (the only thing I could relate the shape too) ....



Or i guess a stick man without the head or legs..... anyway, that shape. Then, to put it all together, glue these onto the star, but onto the tips of the original sticks, like this...



And there you have your snowflake :) They will look good once painter, I've just not got around to painting them yet. They look good in the traditional snowflake white, or even red or green, and I think I'll paint one to match my living room colours. It's up to you!

 
I've made two of these size and then one double the size, so I used all whole sticks and 2 in the place of where I used one in this tutorial. Here is a comparison...


Would you consider making decorations for Christmas? I love doing it :)

toodle pip!

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment