Thursday 15 November 2012

I want to be Elphaba....

Well hello

I popped in The Beauty Store at my local outlet centre at the weekend and picked up a lovely nail varnish for £1.95.



The brand is called 'exposed' and they had a large selection of colours, including some packs of 3 colours as a set. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the packs as I just wanted to pick up 1 colour to treat myself.
I ended up being drawn to no. 55 'Emerald'.....



My favourite musical is Wicked. I've only seen it once, but I have the soundtrack and love listening to it when I feel down. So this colour made me firstly think of that, but also, I thought that it would be a good Christmas colour.

The first coat.....



.... did not cover as much as I thought it would, but I thought I'd see what happened after the second coat.


The second coat did make it darker, but still didn't completely cover my nail, I could still see my own nail underneath. So i did a third coat...


....And I am pleased with the colour. It has tiny flecks of glitter in it which is nice, and I will love wearing this at Christmas :)

Not bad for the price, but a little thin for my liking.

Have you ever tried any of the 'Exposed' brand? What did you think?

toodle pip!

Beka x

UPDATE: Love the colour, but it was very brittle, so chipped very easily and didn't last very long. Not bad for a night out or for a day, but wouldn't last a weekend.

thanks! x

No comments:

Post a Comment