Wednesday 14 November 2012

Plus size frustration.....

Well hello

This post is slightly being written in frustration, but then I realised it is something that I think a lot of plus size women think.
I was browsing the New Look website for bits from Maisie's birthday/Christmas list and I thought to myself 'I'll have a little look for myself....' and I do like their Inspire plus size range. I only discovered they did the larger sizes about 3 years ago when I ventured in their with a friend, and I was pleasantly surprised. I had only ever been in Evans, which do lovely clothes, but I could only ever shop there when they had a sale :-S

So anyway, back to my point.... I was looking at some dresses for Christmas and I loved the look of some of them, but then I thought about how they are presented. It happens that the New Look website just shows the garments modelled on a mannequin, but without being able to see the mannequin. Hard to explain, here's an example....



Now to my rose-tinted eyes, I think that is how it would look on me. But in reality, its not....It will cling to the wrong places, make me look huge and not even cover my bum (as it is supposed to be a dress). Now I know that this is seen as the best way to display the dress as most people then get the same 'it will look like that on me' feeling, rather than getting someone like me who would actually wear it to model it, so ladies will buy it. I get it, but I don't like it. I love shopping on line, as I don't need to drive for 20 mins, take 10 mins to find a parking space, squeeze into the lift, then fight my way to the good stuff and then queue for 10 mins to pay for it. That's just me. But when I see these clothes online, I know that I'll buy it and be so excited waiting for it to arrive, then try it on to be disappointed. So I have learnt my lesson, and I won't buy clothes online, it just leads to me feeling pants about my body, which I try not to do.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel that if you sell larger size clothes, you need to advertise them in their true look, on a larger size model/mannequin.

Have you ever been disappointed with an online clothes purchase?

toodle pip!

Beka x


No comments:

Post a Comment