Saturday 25 May 2013

French Bread Pizza

Well hello

Today I wanted to share with you a recipe from my lovely mummy :) This is something I remember eating from when I was little, and was always fun to make with my mum...French Bread Pizza! To be honest, I haven't had or made this since I lived at home with my parents, 5 or 6 years ago. But as soon as my mum mentioned it a few weeks ago when I was asking her for another recipe.
Now it's pretty self explanatory.....it's a pizza made from French bread. So easy, and so tasty! Now I am using the ingredients my mum used to use, but you can change and add to make it how you like it. For example, Mike isn't a big fan of tomato-based pizza's, so I would not use the chopped tomatoes for him, and just use some BBQ sauce instead. 

Ingredients


3 rashers streaky bacon
1/2 onion
4 mushrooms
tin of chopped tomatoes
1/2 pepper
1 stock cube
grated cheese
French baguette

Firstly, you need to slice the bacon, onion and mushrooms. The thinner the better. 


Then fry them off in a frying pan and a little oil. I then diced up 1/2 an orange pepper and added that once the bacon, onion and mushrooms had cooked through.


Then I added half of the tin of chopped tomatoes and crumbled in 1/2 the stock cube - I was only making this as lunch for me, so I scaled down a little.


You need to prepare your french bread, so I used half a small baguette and then cut it length ways in half to give me two pieces. Once the mixture in the frying pay has thickened, spoon some mixture onto each of the halves of bread. Then sprinkle with grated cheese.


Then you just need to place these under a grill until the cheese has melted. The put onto a plate and enjoy!


This was so yummy! I plan to make this more for Mike and the kids now I have the recipe again. And I can't wait to experiment with other flavours and toppings.

Hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to check out the other lovely ladies taking part in the #31daysofmay challenge
Nikki @ Natty Nikki
Toni @ The Only Way Is Toni
Kaye @ Polished Curves

toodle pip!

Beka x

2 comments: