Wednesday 8 May 2013

Homemade Carbonara


Well hello

 
Today I wanted to share with you my Carbonara recipe. It only takes me about 20 mins to cook, but I do a little preparation before hand, but it's not necessary.
 
Ingredients
 
 
50g melted butter
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Handful of chopped parsley
1 slice bread
2 ciabattas
4 slices of bacon
4 tablespoons soft cheese
4 tablespoons milk
50g grated cheese
 
Method
 
Firstly, I prepare the garlic butter a few hours before I need it, just so that the flavours get nice and infused. I melt the butter in the microwave, then add the chopped cloves of garlic and parsley and give it a good stir. Then I cover the bowel in cling film and put into the fridge until I need it.
 
 
I cut up the slices of bacon and fry them off in a frying pan, then put them onto a plate with kitchen roll on, just to drain out any excess fat. In the same frying pan, I put in the soft cheese and milk in on a low heat and let them melt into a sauce. Then I add in the bacon, grated cheese and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.

 
Meanwhile, I put on a pan of water to boil, then add in the spaghetti - I just guess a rough amount for us - and put the oven on. Cut the ciabattas in half , place onto a baking tray and spread them with some of the garlic butter. These need to go into the oven for about 8 minutes.

 
 
Pop the slice of bread into the blender to make breadcrumbs and lay them onto a baking tray.. Put the rest of the garlic butter into the microwave again and melt it down, then pour it over the breadcrumbs. Give it a mix up and spread it out as a thin layer. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, just to crisp them up and so they turn golden brown.

Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and place into the frying pan with the bacon and cheese sauce and toss it all together so it is all covered in sauce. Then, put into bowls to serve, and sprinkle the garlic breadcrumbs over the top. Serve with the garlic bread and enjoy!

 
So yummy :) the garlic crumb crust adds a lovely contrast to the smooth spaghetti, and I just love an excuse to have garlic bread!

Hope you enjoyed this recipe, and give it a try :)

Don't forget to check out the other lovely ladies taking part in this 31 Days of May challenge

toodle pip!

Beka x
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment