Wednesday 8 May 2013

Sweet times

Well hello
 
When I was travelling in London last month, I was heading towards my platform when I noticed a lady handing out things to people. Being a normal human being, I made a bee-line for her. I had no idea what she was handing out at this point, but as it was free, I wanted it! I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was  Maynards barrell she was fishing these from :)
 
 
These are Maynards Sour Patch Kids - Fruit flavour gums with a sour sugar coating. Now, I am not a big fan of sour sweets, but when I tried them, there were pretty nice :) they reminded my shape wise as jelly babies, but not as thick.
 
 
They are a nice size, not too big, and have a very good layer of sugar on them. I found them a little sour, but then you get through that to the actually gum sweet and it's full of flavour. They come in 5 flavours, blackcurrant, lemon, raspberry, lime and orange. Mike and the kids enjoyed them too.
I got a small individual pack, but I have looked into them,and you can buy them as a larger big in a few supermarkets.
To be honest, they are not something I would buy when doing the weekly shopping, but maybe if they were on offer as I know the kids like them.
 
A great freebie, and a nice change from plain gummy sweets.
 
toodle pip!
 
Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment